API Terms of Service
ACCEPTANCE OF API TERMS OF SERVICE
The Agency may offer datasets through an API. Use of the datasets is governed by the Singapore Open Data Licence. The service through which you may access datasets via APIs is subject to these API terms of service ("Terms of Service").
By Using an API on the Relevant Websites, you agree to the Terms of Service.
WHAT YOU CAN DO:
You can use, access, call, command, query or request the API, whether commercially or non-commercially ("Use").
If your API Client(s) are intended to be distributed as or as part of a software library, you may grant a sub-licence of the APIs if this is necessary to enable other persons ("your Sub-Licensees") to incorporate and/or distribute your API Client(s) in their software programs.
If your Sub-Licensees require additional rights, your application and/or website should direct your Sub-Licensees to obtain the appropriate licence at data.gov.sg.
These Terms of Service do not grant you any rights over:
- any personal data should any personal data be included or exposed through the APIs, inadvertently or otherwise; and
- any intellectual property found in content accessible through the APIs.
These Terms of Service do not grant any rights to Downstream Sub-Licensees.
Access to datasets through APIs is subject to the following:
- Your right to Use APIs may be subject to additional terms, including limitations on Use, found on the individual pages of each API. You agree that an Agency may monitor your Use of the API to improve the service, track usage, to ensure compliance with these Terms of Service, or for security purposes;
- When you Use the API, you must utilise the access control credentials issued to you if applicable. You agree to keep such credentials secure and confidential. You shall not mis-present or mask your API Client's identity when Using the API;
- You warrant that your API Client(s) are free of any Unauthorised Code. You agree to Use the API in accordance to the Agency's published technical and other specifications, including all security requirements and procedures. You shall not interfere with or disrupt the API or the servers or networks providing the API. You shall not exploit any vulnerability of the API or servers, inject any unauthorised or malicious scripts, codes, commands, queries or requests, or introduce any Unauthorised Code through the API;
Disclaimers: The APIs are provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis. The Agency makes no representations or warranties in relation to the APIs, including but not limited to any representation or warranty as to the accuracy, completeness, reliability, service levels, continued availability, timeliness, non-infringement, title, quality or fitness for any particular purpose of the APIs to the fullest extent permitted by the law.
To the extent permitted by law, the Agency shall not be liable to you or any third party und whether in contract, tort (including negligence), restitution, breach of statutory duty or otherwise, for damage or loss of any kind arising directly or indirectly from your or any third party's Use of, or inability to Use, the APIs or the Relevant Websites.
The Agency's provision of APIs does not prevent the Agency from:
- developing its own products or services, some of which may offer the same or similar functionalities as your API Client(s) and/or any of your products or services; or
- modifying any APIs or methods of accessing the APIs at any time.
Indemnity: You shall indemnify the Agency against all liabilities, damages, costs (including legal costs) and expenses arising directly or indirectly from:
- any claim made by a third party in connection with your Use of the APIs;
- any system failure or downtime, and/or any lost or damaged data or software, arising from or in connection with your Use of the APIs;
- your violation of any rights of another person; or
- any claim made by a third party in connection with the third party's Use of your API Client(s) developed using the APIs, or any derived analyses or applications which you have provided.
Intellectual Property:All intellectual property rights subsisting in or used in connection with the APIs are the property of the Agency.
You cannot enforce any intellectual property rights belonging to the Agency in respect of the APIs except with the prior written approval of such Agency.
Rights of Third Parties:No one other than a party to these Terms of Service shall have any right to enforce any of its terms.
Suspension or termination of API access: The Agency may terminate these Terms of Service or suspend your access to the API for any reason whatsoever. Upon such termination or suspension, you shall immediately stop Using the API. The Disclaimers and Indemnities sections, and any other provision of these Terms of Service which is required to give effect to termination or the consequences of such termination, shall survive the termination of these Terms of Service.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction: These Terms of Service shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Republic of Singapore. The parties to these Terms of Service submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Singapore courts.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
In these Terms of Service:
"Agency" means the Singapore Government (including its Ministries, departments, and Organs of State) or the Statutory Board providing the API.
"API" means an application programming interface that is provided by an Agency.
"API Client" means any of your software, applications, websites or systems that Use the APIs, and includes any part thereof.
"dataset" has the same meaning given to it under the Singapore Open Data Licence.
"Downstream Sub-Licensee" means any person who may require a licence in order to access the website or use the application or API Client(s) of a Sub-Licensee.
"Statutory Board" means a body incorporated by or under written law from time to time to perform or discharge any public function.
"Sub-Licensee" means a person that is granted a sub-licence by you, where allowed under these Terms of Service.
"Relevant Websites" means this Website or other Websites owned by an Agency that are linked from this Website.
"Unauthorised Code" means any malicious or invalid code, virus, Trojan horse, worm, logic bomb, software routine or hardware components designed to permit unauthorised access, to disable, erase, or otherwise harm software, hardware or data, or to perform any such actions.